Almost all small businesses or start-ups depend on QuickBooks to manage their financial tasks. It is the most preferred accounting application used by professionals across the globe. The versatility, reliability, and ease of use stand it out among the rest. However, there is a high chance of facing errors in QuickBooks. The most common errors that often appears in application is known as QuickBooks unrecoverable error. If you are too troubled by these errors and are looking for reliable solutions, then read this blog till the end. In this blog, we will provide a glimpse of various QuickBooks unrecoverable errors, their causes, symptoms, and their troubleshooting methods.
What do you mean by QuickBooks unrecoverable error?
The unrecoverable errors are ones that can occur at any time. Usually the error pops up on your screen when you try to open the application. To put it simply, you might face this error when you open a company file and click on icons such as save print. There is no fixed factor that triggers this error. Whenever the error occurs, an error window with the error code and a warning message appears on your screen.
Usually, the error message shown is “QuickBooks has encountered an issue and needs to be closed.”
The error code consists of numbers and is 10 digits long in a 5-digit space 5-digit sequence.
Common unrecoverable error code QuickBooks
Since it is a random error, therefore, the error code digits might be different from the actual ones. Below, we have mentioned some common unrecoverable error codes QuickBooks that QuickBooks users report.
Why Does QuickBooks Desktop Unrecoverable Error Occurs?
There are various reasons that are responsible for QuickBooks desktop unrecoverable errors. Below, we have pinned some common yet prominent reasons responsible for triggering this error.
- The company file holding your data is damaged.
- Possibly the QuickBooks components got damaged or corrupted.
- There is a network issue.
- Virus or malware infects your system resulting in deleting the essential files.
- The data integrity will also cause this issue in QuickBooks.
Symptoms to Identify QuickBooks Unrecoverable error
The proper identification of errors is important. It helps the users in implementing the right troubleshooting methods to eradicate errors permanently. If you are unaware, read the below-mentioned symptoms to identify the unrecoverable errors in QuickBooks.
- You are not able to save a transaction in company files.
- It becomes difficult to update the application.
- An error code with a warning message appears on the screen.
- The application freezes, and you are unable to perform any action.
- Active window crashes or starts responding too slowly to your commands.
Simple Methods to Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
There are a handful of solutions that help you to eradicate the QuickBooks unrecoverable errors. You can apply any of the below-mentioned solutions.
Solution 1: Move your file to a different location
You can move your company file to a different location to check whether the folder containing the company files is damaged or not. The steps to follow to move the file to new location are mentioned below:
- Foremost, create a new folder QBTES on your desktop.
- Now, open the folder where your company file is saved.
- Locate the file and copy the file.
- After that, paste the file into the QBTEST folder.
- Now, open the company file from the QBTEST folder.
- If you are able to open the company file without any issues, then the error is solved. If not, try other solutions to fix the error.
Solution 2: Try to open a Company Sample File
By opening a company file, you can easily identify whether the issue is with the company file or with QuickBooks itself. The steps to follow for opening a company file are:
- Keep pressing the CTRL key and at the same time double click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- You have to keep pressing the CTRL key till the application starts showing a NO company open message window.
- Now, from the No Company open window, click on the open a sample file icon.
- Lastly, pick any sample file to open.
If the sample company file is opened and no error is seen, then your company file or the company file folder is having the problem. You need to take the necessary troubleshooting steps to repair your company file.
Solution 3: Create a new user
The insufficient admin rights will also evoke unrecoverable error code QuickBooks. By simply creating a new user and granting the necessary admin rights, you can easily remove the error.
- Open the settings of your system and then click on the accounts option.
- After that, choose the family and other user options.
- Further, select add someone else to this system option under the other user’s option.
- Now, click on the I don’t have this person’s sign-in information and then select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Moving ahead, provide a relevant name to the new user and then press the finish button.
- Do not forget to provide a strong password to the newly created user to ensure security.
- Choose the account type as administrator for the newly created account.
Solution 4: Run the Reboot.bat File
By simply running the reboot.bat file, you can easily eradicate this error. The necessary steps to run the reboot file are mentioned below:
- To start the process, open the following path C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks xxx Version 00.0 (xxx denotes the version of QuickBooks and 00.0 denotes the current version of QuickBooks)
- Here, find the reboot.bat file.
- Now, right-click on the file and choose run as an admin option from the available options.
- It will automatically run the file as an admin.
QuickBooks is a powerful accounting application used to streamline financial tasks. The application makes financial tasks easy for start-ups. However, at times, the application faces various technical glitches and errors, such as QuickBooks unrecoverable errors. These errors hamper the work efficiency by halting your work process. However, it is easy to resolve these errors. Hopefully, the methods explained in this blog will help you in fixing the QuickBooks unrecoverable code errors. All methods are explained in a simple language. If you still feel the need to get in touch with an expert, you can call us immediately.